Saturday, October 3, 2009

I WANT TO REMEMBER THESE




Bella and Paisley LOVE to brush their teeth. They are always clamoring over the sink, fighting for their position. I hope this lasts.

Gage remembers EVERYTHING! We were playing the Children's Songbook CD's and "In the Leafy Treetops" came on. Gage said, "Oh! Grandma sang me that song once when I was sad when I was 3."

Gage says a prayer for everything and anything. He'll pray that his mama will say yes to buying the new transformer toy at Target, that his sister will give him her candy, and the other day he actually said a prayer while sitting on the toilet to "please help my bottom to not sting when I push out the poop." This might be too much information for an outside reader, but I am soooo using this one when he's older.

We were watching TV and the character said something kind of mean and Gage said, "Mama, you're right. TV is not good for me."

Today, Bella and Gage were talking about Christmas - the lights, Santa, the reindeer, etc. Gage said excitedly, "Bella! Don't forget the finishing touch is..... PRESENTS!" Who says finishing touch?

A couple of weeks ago on our way to Chik-Fil-A's playroom to meet some friends, Gage decided that he wanted to have a parade. After figuring out that our backyard would not be big enough for the parade of horses, floats, and dancers, he settled on leading a parade through our neighborhood. "Please, Mama? Can you please help me have a parade?" I told him we'd have to have a family meeting (that's my new favorite response to questions I don't know how to answer). At Chik-Fil-A, I heard him inviting all the kids there (all strangers) to his parade. The kids excitedly accepted and ran to tell their moms, who of course, shot them down. Gage just couldn't understand it. After all, he was just trying to cheer them up by inviting them to his big parade.....why would their moms say no?

At Gage's second soccer practice, all the boys were playing on the playground before practice started. Gage ran over and one by one, brought the boys over. "Hey, Austin! This is my mom. Hey, Joey! Come here! I want you to meet my mom." So sweet.

In the car recently, Gage and Bella were talking about a hospital (can't remember why). They were arguing over how to pronounce it. Bella pronounces it, "Hot-sa-bull". Gage kept trying to correct her saying, "No, Bella. Say 'HOS....BA....DULL!'" Hilarious.

Bella tells me everyday, "You are my best mama! I LUB you!!"

6 comments:

  1. Lots of chuckles on this post. So glad you're keeping track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so funny and Gage is too dang smart! Sure do love them and enjoy the things they say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are smart like thier daddy! He is very cute and funny also.

    HIM

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts. It is always a treat to hear what Gage has to say! I love to hear my children pray and yes they pray over everything. In some ways the best part of being a child is the inhibitions. Your children are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun, Gage is one of a kind for sure. Loved the post about your feet too. It always makes me a little sad when I read your blog, it makes living far away a little harder as I wish our little ones could see and play together more.

    ReplyDelete