Saturday, December 26, 2009

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT.....LIKE.... EVER!!!



This picture is of the two missionaries, Elder Lee and Elder Smith, who helped to change our lives. They were amazing. So mature, so wise.

Rob got baptized on Saturday, December 26th. I was in such shock and disbelief that I didn't take any pictures that day. Ugh....I am just sick about that. One of the missionaries did, and I am hoping to get copies. Rob finally realized that he has always had a testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel and allowed these missionaries to teach to an open heart and open mind. He asked Ben Thibaudeau, an amazing friend and mentor, to sit in on the discussions. Ben contributed so much to the lessons and can relate to Rob on so many levels. I remember Rob saying after playing basketball with Ben at the church quite a bit recently that he wanted to be more like Ben: calm, peaceful, a good husband, a good father, priorities right, selfless, and kind. I am so grateful to Ben for his example then and for his continuing example and friendship.

Rob was baptized by my Dad. My Mom and brother, Cameron gave talks. (Again, such a blur that I don't remember who talked on what.) All of the LaDukes, including grandchildren and my dear friend, Spring Thibaudeau, sang "I Am A Child of God."


The next day at church, he was confirmed by Bishop Rick Davis, who means a lot to Rob.

We celebrated with family back at home with delicious homemade tamales (not made by me, of course - but I did make the salsa.)

I am excited for the future.....................

No comments:

Post a Comment