Saturday, October 25, 2008

DOWN ON THE FARMS




























It was time for our annual trips to the farms. First, to the local farm for animals, pumpkins, and a hayride. It was easy, fun, and quick, but a little pricey. Those stinky animals love the attention from the kids. The hayride was really bumpy which caused an upchuck from Paisley all over me. (That reminds me of a time I vividly remember when Rob paid me a really heartfelt compliment. We were supposed to get on an airplane headed for San Diego - Bells was 14mos and I was 20mos pregnant. We were in our seats, Bella hadn't been feeling well and I could tell it was going downhill. I told Rob we better make a mad dash off the plane because I just knew the vomit was imminent. We made our way from the back of the plane, with a crying, disappointed Gage, a sick child whose feet were knocking everyone in the face as I carried her, evil glares from jerky passengers who obviously have never had children, off the plane. Poor little Belly was white as a ghost and limp. We made it out to the car and I was holding her in the back seat when she just let loose all over me. I didn't flinch and didn't try to push her off of me - I just held her as she continued to let it go. I just tried to comfort this poor baby who didn't know what was happening. Rob turned around and he ALMOST got teary-eyed as he told me what a great mom I am. This was literally days after his own mother's funeral, so that explains his exaggeration. It was sweet, nonetheless.)

A few days later we went to Schnepf Farms with Courtney, Alyssa, Nathan and Mary Kay and kids. The picture of the two babies are Eden (held by my sister Courtney-Eden's aunt) and Paisley (cousins) who were born 3 days apart. Paisley is a GIANT!!!

3 comments:

  1. I missed Schnepf Farms this year. You know how I like those go-cart rides. It would have been a lot of fun too when not hugely pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such a good mom! Glad you enjoy it so much. You need to teach the world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a great mom! It is always so sweet to hear Gage and Bella calling for Mama. They adore you. Schnepf farms looks fun! I'll have to try it next year.

    ReplyDelete