Sunday, October 12, 2008

ROCKY POINT






We had a great weekend in Rocky Point with our friends the Johnsons x 2, Schmitts, and Rybergs. The weather was awesome, the kids did great and we got some nice, peaceful down time. Our condo was right on the beach with a beautiful ocean view. Gage and Bella had fun playing in the sand and getting their feet wet in the ocean. Bella ran out to the balcony shouting, "Hi Ocean! Hi Ocean!" excitedly (nevermind that she's never seen the ocean before.) Then she ran back to get her beloved doll and took her out to the balcony and said, "Look, dolly! Ocean!"

Bella and Paisley had to take their naps daily in order to make it bearable for all of us. That meant that one of us had to stay in the room while slept. I happily volunteered because it meant sitting on the balcony listening to the oceans waves and feeling the ocean air while catching up on some reading. All of this with complete silence. Silence is golden!! That's what I call a vacation. Meanwhile, Rob would take Gage down to the beach or to the pool with everyone else.

A friend of mine was there whom I haven't seen in a long time, not since I was pregnant with Bella. We were out at this restaurant where they have a dance floor and the kids were dancing their cute little fannies off. She asked me how I was doing now that I have three kids so close together. I had a very positive response which she didn't believe. I thought, "Do I give the impression that I don't enjoy this?" I sure hope not. I found myself having to convince her that I really do enjoy it, even though there are hard days. Actually, there aren't hard days....just hard moments. But the times of joy DEFINITELY outweigh the times I want to pull my hair out, or theirs'.

3 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe that somewhere in the world there is a nice warm beach right now. Looks refreshing. Good times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, for a comfortable place to read a book. Looks and sounds like a great time. Nice that the little ones would take a nap in a strange place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked how you said there are hard moments, really they are only moments, and then you can look back and it is funny in retrospect. I'll take all of it, because that is precisely why we love them so much, because of the sacrifices that we make. So worth it!

    ReplyDelete