Saturday, November 1, 2008

A PILGRIM, A TURKEY, AND A COW

















So, Bella WAS going to be a zebra until she laid her eyes on this beauty - a peacock costume that my friend Karla brought over. We gave Bella the choice and she picked the peacock, hands down. After all, she was only going to be a zebra by default. Gage was a zebra when he was two (he was obsessed with everything zebra) and he LOVED his costume. He wore it proudly and didn't even mind when all the nice people (and I mean ALL) handing out candy said, "Oh, what a cute zebra! She's adorable!" That's right...SHE! It never occured to me that a zebra might be a little feminine, and so what if it is! We still laugh about that. Well, Rob has just recently started laughing about it.

And I got a replacement hat for Gage's sun hat...a much better fedora that looks WAY more like the real thing. He even had the fake 5 o'clock shadow and a whip! So there we went with Indy, a peacock, and Paisley as a cow - fitting, don't you think? Aunt Alyssa and Uncle Trevor came along for fun. And THIS year's joke was many people thought Gage was a pilgrim and Bella was a turkey. They said jokingly, "Oh, you kids got the wrong holiday....." Come on PEOPLE! I even got him the right hat!! And he had a whip that he was whipping around as he walked up the driveways. Oh, well...something to laugh about.

We then went to our friends' house, The Johnsons, for some delicious food. Bella was on a total sugar rush, it was hilarious. Gage and Lincoln pretended to trade candy. And Kim successfully creeped Rob out dressed as a man.

4 comments:

  1. Ha, that's a crack up. I guess you could always fall back on the excuse that it's dark outside?:) People just haven't seen enough peacocks I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest peacock ever! Love the tights! Too funny! Something you can always laugh about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what happened but my blog wasn't telling me that you had new posts! I was like 3 or 4 behind! Stupid "Blog Roll". Anyway, Bella did look great as a peacock! Funny thing, people said Natalie looked like a turkey too. I don't know about you but I have never seen a turquoise turkey. And even after I told my neighbor (one of the offenders) that she was a peacock, she still called her a turkey. Hummmm. Well, Gage had an AWESOME Indy costume, too. Perfect hat, perfect "pokies" as Natalie calls them on Mike. And Paisley, there couldn't be cuter as a cow. That girl is such a doll! Of course all of your kiddos are. You'll have to have more of them to bless this world with more beauty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you kidding me. Obviously a peacock and Indiana Jones. We had a good laugh over that.

    ReplyDelete