Wednesday, September 9, 2009

IT'S RAINING!!



We have been getting some nice rain lately. At the first sign of rain, Gage and Bella raced upstairs to get their rain boots. (Why we even have rain boots, I'm not sure.)





Bella is so fashion-forward. She is always playing dress-up and puts together these crazy outfits. She is usually either in her underwear or in some new dress-up outfit.


Gage is so loving to his sisters (sometimes). He pulled Bella into his lap and starting singing her a lullaby.

Paisley is already a little jokester. She is always coming over to me and blowing raspberries on my leg or my tummy and then laughs. I always cringe for fear that she'll bite me - but she hasn't yet. She will get my attention and then walk around with her eyes closed, which of course makes her fall. And then she just giggles and does it again. I love when I sit in the rocking chair with her. She immediately nuzzles into me, whether she's tired or not.


Some noteable things:

*Gage just gave his first talk in Primary on "The Prophets Teach Me To Strengthen My Family". We printed off some pictures and laminated them and Gage memorized his talk in just a few minutes. He has a really good memory. He would practice it and every time he got to the part where he said, "My favorite song is Follow the Prophet", he'd stop and ask me if the kids were going to laugh at him when he said that. I assured him they wouldn't. He did a great job and was so proud of himself. He told me that as he was sitting up at the front awaiting his turn, he was getting nervous. So he said a little prayer to ask for help and felt much better. He gave his talk just as he did at home, no nerves, and smiling the whole time. The chorister invited him up to lead everyone in "Follow the Prophet" afterwards. He loved it!


*Gage asked how can Aunt Courtney and I be sisters? We don’t live together and we’re grown-ups?

*Gage got on the phone yesterday to call his imaginary friend, Rescuer. As it turns out, Rescuer wants Gage to go on a date with one of his girlfriends, and wonders which one Gage wants.Gage paces the floor (as he always does when he’s on the phone), and can’t decide if it’s going to be Carlee, Eliza, or Allison, or maybe McKenna. He decides that Eliza and McKenna are too young, and it must be one of the older girls. I decided that I need to have a talk with Rescuer the next time he calls to inform him that Gage will not be going on a date until he is 27.

*Bella points to people and characters on TV or in real life that are appealing to her and yells excitedly, "That's me! That's me!"

When Bella gets excited about doing something fun she shouts, "I can’t believe it!!"

1 comment:

  1. I love how Gage knew to pray for help with his talk. I also love to see that mine aren't the only boys who run around half the time in only their underwear. What is it with boys anyway?! Makes me laugh!

    ReplyDelete