Monday, April 5, 2010

PRAY ALWAYS

I looked high and low, behind every door, in every drawer, every hamper dumped upside down....yet I still could not find Gage's cleats, shinguards, and socks for his soccer game. I enlisted the help of Rob and the kids. We frantically searched the house, garage, cars....nothing. I finally said, "I guess we can say a prayer to ask for help in finding them." I felt silly even suggesting it. Surely, He has much better things to be concerned about than a 5-year-old's soccer stuff. It's just not important. So we all kneeled down and I humbly and quickly asked for help. Within two minutes, it came to me. After soccer the previous week, we had gone to the park to play with the Thibaudeaus, with Gage still in his full uniform. I remembered that I brought the girls over in the wagon, and while at the park, Gage asked me to help him take off his shin guards, socks, and cleats, which I then put under the seats of the wagon. Uereka!! I lifted up the seats and there they were!



I learned my lesson in thinking I know what we are supposed to pray about. The answer to that is.....EVERYTHING!

2 comments:

  1. Just the reminder I needed. Thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I am always amazed by prayer. IT is a good experience for the kids- to see that prayer works. Pray always!

    ReplyDelete