Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I NEEDED THIS



I just stumbled across this poem and I REALLY needed this......

Oh, give me patience when tiny hands
Tug at me with their small demands
And give me gentle and smiling eyes;
Keep my lips from sharp replies.
And let not fatigue, confusion, or noise
Obscure my vision of life's fleeting joys.
So when, years later, my house is still--
No bitter memories its rooms may fill.
ANONYMOUS




I recently visited a woman who, after raising her family, working hard and living right, is suffering tremendous heartache when she should be enjoying the fruits of her labor. She said that even when your children are grown adults with their own families, you still look at them and think, "That's my little boy", no matter what they've done. She longs for the days when her children were little and life was simple and joyous. It was another reminder for me to cherish these few short years, even when....no ESPECIALLY when there is fatigue, confusion and noise.

1 comment:

  1. Love this poem. I think I may steal it for my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete