Sunday, November 21, 2010

GRATITUDE

Today, I am GRATEFUL....grateful, grateful, grateful. If I keep saying it, it will sink in, right? I woke up with an awful headache brought on by an even worse head cold. Rob left the house when it was still dark to go to the airport. I am so grateful that I got to take the kiddos to church by myself. I am so grateful that I had to take Paisley out three times and wrestle with her. She is seriously strong. I am grateful for the stares and glares given to me by wise people wondering why I bothered to come back in with her. What these wise people didn't know was that I left my 6-year-old in charge of my 3-year-old, without really even telling him he was in charge. I am soooo grateful for nursery because it ended this battle of wills (which I totally won, by the way). I'm so grateful that today as I was coming out of nursery I noticed a friend of mine who had obviously just come out of the restroom and her skirt was tucked into her pantyhose above her hiney. Seriously, I'm probably more grateful for that than anything else today because I got the best laugh from that and did throughout the whole day. I am grateful for wonderful teachers who gave uplifting lessons in the second two hours. I'm grateful that I had a visiting teaching appointment with a special lady today and got to load up the whining kids again wondering what on earth I was going to do with them when I got there. I am grateful for a VT companion who said I could drop them off with her unsuspecting husband. I am grateful that he gave me the silent treatment at the door instead of actually verbalizing the words I know he was thinking. I am grateful for Mac & Cheese because that's what we all ate for dinner quickly so that I could load the kids up again to go to a presidency meeting. I am grateful for a generous sister who is willing to watch my kids while at this meeting. I am sincerely grateful for three amazing women in the presidency who are unbelievable examples to me in all kinds of ways.


I am grateful for all of this because it makes going to bed tonight all that more sweet!!!!

And it's true what they say.....if you try to look for things to be thankful for and see the good, it really DOES make you feel better. I feel better already.

2 comments:

  1. Im grateful that I came across your blog while pushing the next blog button above mine. Great Read because it reminded me of all the things I have to be grateful for.

    Life is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love this post. I am going to start thinking of my bad days as days to be grateful for. You are my inspiration.

    ReplyDelete