Tuesday, November 30, 2010

THANKSGIVING TIME

Rob, the girls, and I got to go to Gage's class for a Thanksgiving play and party. The previous week I had come in to volunteer and Miss Smith asked me to make Indian vests out of paper grocery sacks. She acted like this was an easy task. And it probably was for someone besides me. I am so inept at anything crafty or artsy. I immediately began sweating and somehow fumbled my way through it. I hoped that my feeble attempts wouldn't be noticeable from afar. When the kids marched out on stage, Rob immediately commented on how the Indian vests looked odd. Ha!!








You can't really tell from this blurry picture how bad the vests are. But it didn't matter. The kids were so cute.



Gage loves Miss Smith.



And so does Paisley.


I am reminded of another embarassing day volunteering in his class. Miss Smith asked me to use a yardstick and permanent marker to make even lines on several sheets of posterboard. I started perspiring because I wanted it to be perfectly measured and even. Throughout the time, I was wiping the perspiration off my face with my hands. Unbeknownst to me, the marker from the yardstick had rubbed off on my hands and as I was wiping my face, I was inadvertantly spreading black marker all over my face. None of the kids said anything and neither did Miss Smith, but at the end of class I went to the sink to wash my hands and saw my reflection in the mirror. I was sooooo embarassed!!!



We had the Powers over to our new house for Thanksgiving. It was a great time and always fun to get everyone together. They are all so fun and have such personalities. It's no surprise where Rob gets his humor. For some reason, I only got these pictures with Uncle Larry. My camera battery must have died.





We went on a date night with Melody and Gavin Baugh (a fun couple) and had their daughter, Kyra, babysit. When we returned, this is how we found the kids. She had worn them out! Kyra is pretty much the best babysitter ever. The kids adore her. She always gets them in bed and then cleans the whole house after. We love her and all of the Baughs!!







No comments:

Post a Comment