Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MORE RANDOM PICTURES FOUND

This is our crew as juniors/seniors at Alhambra High School in 1992. It was a fun group of girls. I'll start from bottom, left to right: Stephanie Hunt, Gabi Pentecost, Kate Malay, Tauna Campbell, Kathleen Ashton, Leslie Ingallina, April Groskopf, Jaki Marksbury, Carrie Boland, Me, Sarah Warner, Marci Cordova, Staci Green. Missing are Julie Rohlfing, Jennie Vargas, Vicki Trumble, Pam Durazo, Rita Hernandez. Most of these girls I went to elementary school with too. I have stayed in touch with my dear childhood friends, Kathleen and Kate. Facebook has helped the rest of us stay in touch.

This was a page that we took out in our senior yearbook dedicated to all of us and our memories together.


This is my 8th grade graduation picture. I am on the bottom row, 2nd from the left. My mom made that dress, just as she made all of my formal dresses, including my wedding dress.


Bella reminds Courtney, my sister, and me a lot of Courtney. Courtney did this side-by-side comparison.


This is my childhood home in Phoenix. It was at the end of a cul-de-sac on a huge lot. We moved there the summer I turned 5, and moved away after I graduated high school, the summer I turned 18. I loved this house - especially all the memories it holds. I bawled the day I drove away in my 1977 Honda Civic and waved goodbye to my parents and younger siblings as they drove off to Snowflake. To prove how much I dislike change, the first home that Rob and I owned was this EXACT model in Tempe.



This was the Haag's house, right next door. They had Matt and Mike, who was my age. We had so much fun with them growing up. I still tell my kids stories about all of us neighborhood kids.


This is Christmas of 2009. My dear sisters-in-law, Lora and Pam.


This is a picture of my brother, Nathan, in action playing football at ASU. He received all kinds of accolades and was even drafted by the Cardinals. He was/is an unbelievable athlete and I was always so proud to be his sister.


Senior year at Alhambra - Spring Fling Dance, Spring 1992. Bottom, left to right: Leslie Ingallina, Jennie Vargas, Gabi Pentecost, April Groskopf, Stephanie Hunt, Julie Rohlfing, Kate Malay, Kathleen Ashton, and me.


High school graduation, May 1992. I was honored to speak at our graduation ceremony.


My senior prom, April 1992. Jerry Hahn, a longtime friend from the ward I grew up in, was my date. Once again, my mom made my dress. I absolutely LOVED it!! Pictured: Tauna Campbell, Kathleen Ashton, Me, Leslie Ingallina, Stephanie Hunt, April Groskopf, Kate Malay, Gabi Pentecost.





1 comment: