Monday, July 4, 2011

HAPPY 7TH BIRTHDAY, GAGE




Prince Gageafus (Gage's name in our storytelling) has turned seven!! Here is a letter I wrote to him:




July 4, 2011

My Precious Gage,

Happy 7th Birthday to you! These seven years have gone by much too fast for my liking. You are growing up and I want to hold on to these years as much as I can. We are living in Snowflake for the summer and I love how much time I get to spend with you. There aren’t any distractions, so I get to have you and your sisters all to myself. I love watching you play with them, discover new things outside, go fishing, catch crawdads, excel in your swim lessons, ride your first quad. The other day you asked me if you could walk all by yourself to Grandma and Papa’s house, and you did. I can feel your pull toward independence. You want to prove to me and yourself that you can do things on your own. And boy, do I know it. You are so responsible and dependable. You are a great help to me and I know that I can always trust you. You follow the rules and choose the right. You are an awesome example to your sisters, who adore you and look up to you.

You are a great example to me and Daddy too. When you get up on Fast Sundays and bear your testimony, I am amazed at your courage. You are so brave and follow the warm feeling you get in your heart. You remind us to laugh, have fun, and be silly. There is nothing better to me than your smile and laugh.

I want you to know that I believe in you. I know that you can do anything and be anything, as long as you work hard and practice. It is good to do hard things. If something is hard, that means you will grow and learn even more. I know you can do it. You are my boy of steel!

I want you to know that I love you all the way up to the galaxy and back. I will always love you no matter what. I love you so much and want you to be happy. The best way to be happy is to obey your parents and our Heavenly Father. I know that you know this already. I want you to know that I am so grateful for our Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that He loves all of us. I know that He wants us all to return to live with Him and Heavenly Father again as an eternal family. We can do this by following our prophet, President Monson, who is good and true. Always remember the feeling you had when we were sealed as a family in the temple. Remember what a special day that was. Remember how we held hands and were joined together forever. Remember looking in the mirror at all of us and seeing our images go on forever. Remember to pray always. Pray for every reason. You will find happiness and answers in your prayers.

I hope that you feel special today. I hope that you feel like a king! You are so precious to me. I will always be your Mama.

Always All My Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment