Saturday, December 3, 2011

A GIFT FOR CHRISTMAS

I'm cleaning out my computer's hard drive and stumbled across this paragraph I had copied and pasted without a reference. I hate when I do that. But I love its message. There is an immeasurable value on time spent with someone. It is a true gift of love. The possibilities of this gift are endless.

"A loving person has concern for the welfare, progress, and happiness of the loved one. He not only has concern; he does something about it by making his resources available to the loved one. Loving is giving. It is the giving of material things to others, but even more important, it is the giving of one’s time. Among the gifts a father gave to his son for Christmas was a letter that read: “To my dear son: During the coming year my gift to you is one hour of my time each day for you to use as you see fit.” Isn’t this an act of love?"

1 comment:

  1. Here you go, BB - http://lds.org/ensign/1972/03/the-meaning-of-love?lang=eng.

    ReplyDelete