Thursday, July 22, 2010

SLEEPING BEAUTY....ER BELLA

Bella is our child that really pushes it when it comes to sleeping. I've stopped giving her naps most days (unless her claws come out extra sharp and then I force her to take a nap for the good of everyone), because if she takes a nap, she will be up until 11:30 or later. She comes into our room or down the stairs (depending on where we are) umpteen times with every reason, excuse and question in the book. Matter of fact, I'm pretty sure Bella is writing a new book on that. "The Grinch is in my room." "I had a bad dream (even though I couldn't possibly have fallen asleep since this is my 30th time out of my bed)." "Mommy, I just wanted to tell you that I love you and you're the best mommy ever." "Daddy, when I wake up can I have a cookie?" And on and on - you get the gist. She's just so sweet and cute that we can't get mad at her no matter how hard we try. Most of the time, we have to hide our giggles at her originality.



And no matter what time she goes to bed, be it 6:00pm or Midnight, she is up and at 'em at 6:00am!!!! Ugh!!!



The other night she kept creeping down the stairs as I was working on the computer and I kept sending her back up. Finally, after about the 7th time, I thought she had given up. I kept hearing these little noises, but chalked it up to the dogs. When I came up the downstairs and went to turn off the kitchen light, there she was on the stair, fast asleep. You can't see in the picture, but she has three toys underneath her face that she had been playing with while spying on me through the stair rail. Hence, the noises I kept hearing. I scooped her up and put her in her bed, where she slept like Sleeping Beauty.





Until 6am.


P.S. One might question if she is going to sleep for the night because she is wearing a dress instead of PJ's. For Bella, she is either wearing a dress or only underwear, no matter what time of day.

1 comment: