Saturday, July 24, 2010

PIONEER DAY

We took our annual trip to Snowflake for Pioneer Day!

The girls had so much fun at the parade. They danced to the marching band and scrambled to get the candy that all the floats throw out into the street.

Rob and Gage took a camping trip with Rob's brother and brother-in-law and met us at the parade a little late. Alyssa and Mack came too.
It was hotter than I would have liked, although much cooler than the valley. It cools off at night and you can see so many stars.

We had a great visit with Grandma and Papa. I put in my usual bid for them to get a house in the valley, to no avail. Maybe someday! Gage's favorite thing to do in Snowflake is to go hunting for hornytoads. He has actually seen quite a few and caught two. Nathan came up to play in the golf tournament with Dad and he brought Maya and Nate. That was really fun for the kids. Alyssa stayed home with the kids while Mom and I went to see the play that they put on every year. This year it was Beauty and the Beast and it was fabulous. My favorite character was Gaston - he was so good and funny! I kept picturing Rob up there playing that part. Alicia was in town for her nephew's wedding so we got to see her and the kids too. And possibly the BEST part of the whole weekend were the crepes Alicia's sister made for us!! I wish I would have taken more pictures!! When will I learn?

1 comment:

  1. I almost forgot about the crepes. I can still taste how delicious they were. So glad we were there too!

    ReplyDelete