Saturday, September 27, 2008

MY LITTLE FISH





Gage has always been a good swimmer, but I wanted him to learn more strokes and improve, so I put him in swim lessons at the gym. They moved him up to the level above halfway through the session so he got to have classes with his buddy, Lincoln. Those two had a blast. He LOVES swimming and spends most of his free time in the water (pool or bath). He immediately took to the water when I first put him in swim lessons at 22-months-old. He had no fear. In fact, we had a problem keeping him from jumping in the deep end when it wasn't his turn. How nice it was to let him swim independently at this age, sometimes swimming along with him and other times lounging in a chaise watching him.

I was on swim team starting at 4 and I loved it too. I never minded those early morning practices. My mom is a good swimmer too, so maybe this is one of the few things Gage has inherited from my side.

3 comments:

  1. What a cute fish he is. We can't wait for you guys to come. There is an indoor pool in town, maybe you should bring your suits and we'll hit the pool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The water looks great, Gage, and so do you! Glad you're learning the strokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, Cameron did not get that trait. He seems to have too many ear problems.

    ReplyDelete