Saturday, September 20, 2008

RESCUER





Gage has an imaginary friend named, Rescuer. I have no idea how he came up with that name and when I ask him where he heard it he said, from his friend, Rescuer. In Gage's words: "Rescuer has only one sister, (whose name changes all the time). Rescuer lives in Snowflake normally, but he is in India right now. His sister is with him too. He has short yellow hair, he's four years old, the same height as me and he is a really great kid." To be continued......

Gage knows that there are certain words or phrases that he is not allowed to say so to get around them sometimes when he REALLY wants to say them, he'll just use a word that rhymes with it. For example, "That bufid (stupid) car won't work." Or, "He struck me with his sword and now I'm fled (dead)." He asked me if he could say, "What the heck?" and I said I didn't really like that so he says, "Ok, can I say fut fa neck instead?" Rob told him to just say, "What's the deal?" When I tell him it's time for bed, sometimes he'll say, "No, no, don't say bed....say it's time for med." Somehow he can swallow going to bed better if I don't actually call it "bed".

We ate dinner at Joe's Crabshack over in Tempe (right by our old house) with Alyssa and Trevor last night and we took the kids. We had so much fun. Gage was fascinated at Daddy's and Uncle Trevor's crab legs, but neither Gage nor Bella liked the meat. The waiters dance and sing and the kids REALLY liked that. We drove by our old house just to check it out and we marveled at how much the neighborhood had changed. Or maybe just our perspective changed? I'm not sure. We asked Gage if he remembered that house at all (knowing he wouldn't be able to remember it as he was 15 months old when we moved) and he said yes and started making up what it looked like. Such an imagination. We remembered his army crawl that he did, instead of a proper crawl, on our wood laminate flooring. We talked about the first and last time Gage climbed out of his crib and fell hard on the floor. It is a tri-level house and Rob and I were both downstairs while Gage was napping upstairs. We heard a loud THUD, followed by crying and we shot upstairs. Rob had a headstart but I jumped all six stairs (on the downstairs steps) and took two big jumps over nine stairs (on the upstairs steps) and left him in the dust. You can't stop a mama bear when her baby is in danger!! Mostly, we decided we are so grateful we moved to Gilbert and wished we had done so earlier.

The picture above is of Gage and Bella in their tent. They LOVE this tent and play in it all the time. The other one, Rob is being a goofball (that's not his actual smile).

7 comments:

  1. We could use Rescuer in India right now. Tell Gage we're glad he's here--with his sister. Between Braden's and Callie's costumes and Gage's rhyming and imagination, we've got quite a combo. (Now we just need to get Nathan and Mary Kay's kids in the mix. Also, the only times we see Aaron's girls are when they visit and you take their pix.) Cute pix of a cute family. Mom, you need to get in one or two. We're glad you moved to Gilbert also but we do have fond memories of your Tempe house. I think you made it out just in time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know it's so vain, but I can't stand to see pictures of myself. I need to just get over it or do something about it! I plan on talking to Mary Kay about blogging so we can stay updated on all that they're doing. That would be fun. Maybe I can even talk Aaron's girls into starting their own blog that they can each post at their leisure so we can all hear about them too. The next time they're here, I'll help them get it started if they're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now one likes the way they look in pictures. Every time I see your pictures I think you look so beautiful! Suck it up and get in the pictures already. your great great great grand-kids will want to know what you looked like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gage has a great sense of humor just like his dad. I laughed out loud. He is so smart. Sooo cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for you guys to come out. The kids are going to have so much fun together. Gage is a character, I can't wait for him and Braden to get together again. I'm excited for our little girls to get to know each other too. They can practice their no's on each other.
    As for your house in Tempe, I too have good memories there, fun times.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rescuer sounds like a really cool friend! I love how he changes the bad words to make them okay to say - so clever! You guys are so fun. We REALLY need to get together to play sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gage is so clever. How did he come up with that rhyming thing. Callie has a few imaginary friends too. Mostly they are called Walle and Eve.

    ReplyDelete