Tuesday, January 6, 2009

10TH ANNIVERSARY



My cute hubby surprised me with a trip to San Diego for our tenth anniversary. He arranged for Alyssa and Trevor and Mike and Lora to watch the kids. We left on Friday afternoon and came back Saturday night. We stayed at The Lodge at Torrey Pines which was breathtakingly beautiful. It was so nice and fancy that when we got to the room, I just thought they gave everyone a dozen of fresh roses. Duh!! Rob arranged to have them delivered there, but I'm bummed that I only got to enjoy them the short time we were there. For dinner we ate right on the ocean, outside with a heater that was burning the left side of my face and back off. I suppose some people were cold, but not me. It was so peaceful and romantic (I know, yucky mushy stuff). We walked around the grounds of the Lodge and then around Seaport Village. It was lovely.

Happy Anniversary to my one-of-a-kind, handsome, darling husband. You already know the many reasons why I love you.

On our plane trip home, the sun was setting and at one point we were flying between two sets of clouds. I've never seen it like this before. The horizon was clear and sharp, a beautiful orange and pink layered between two thick, pure-white as far as the eye could see fluffy clouds. There is no description that could do it justice. And then it struck me, even though I've always known it, that this earth was created with purpose and its beauty is something to behold.

How's THAT for mushy?! I'll stop now. What's happening to me? I barely recognize myself right now.

5 comments:

  1. You and Rob are a beautiful couple - even more beautiful than that breathtaking view out of your airplane window! I think you guys are amazing and am SO glad that I have been able to get to know you two. Happy Anniversary! I hope you will have an eternity of anniversaries to celebrate together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commented and it didn't post. Anyway, happy for you two and your happiness and Rob's thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so great you guys still have the yucky mushy stuff. 10 years good for you that is quite and accomplishment. Congrats and may you have many many more

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounded like a fun anniversary, I'm glad you were able to get away together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun surprise! I love San Diego! I am glad you got to get-away. You deserve it! It is nice to have time alone every once in awhile. Happy 10th!

    ReplyDelete