Thursday, March 12, 2009




I went to workout tonight, so Rob put the kids to bed while I was away. When I got home I checked on each of them, giving them a kiss on their foreheads. When I kissed Gage, he woke a little and I sang him a lullaby. He said, "Thank you, Mama. Thank you for teaching me to listen." I'm not sure where that came from but it was sweet.

I caught Rob singing, "Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree" to Paisley as he changed her diaper. I didn't let him know I caught him, though, because he might never do it again and it was too priceless to hear only once.

Gage was asked to give the scripture in Primary on Sunday. It is D&C 88:119 and it is quite long. But he decided he wanted to memorize it, which actually didn't take him too long. We practiced it everyday and he had it down pat. Rob and I sat in the back as they called his name. He was beaming and so excited to stand at the podium to show how he knew it. The primary counselor must have assumed that at his age he would need help so she stood there and before he could even begin, she whispered it into his ear. We were so disappointed, but didn't let on to Gage. He still did great. We really wanted him to show off how well he had memorized it, and our pride got shoved down our throat! That's what we get, I suppose!

Bella and I Spy. These two are best friends lately. We played I Spy on our road trip to Disneyland and Bella is hooked. Her version is somewhat different, however.

It goes like this:

Bella: Let's play I Spy. I spy something......red!!
The rest of us: Is it the car? Is it the sign?
Bella: No (to everything we guess), Your turn Mama!
Mama: I spy something blue.
Bella: Blue? Oh......(laughs). Your turn Daddy!
Daddy: I spy something yellow.
Bella: Yellow? Oh....(laughs) My turn!! I spy something......red.

She spies something red EVERY time and when we guess she says no and moves on. She doesn't even bother to guess on our turns, she just says, "Oh" and laughs. It's so cute.

2 comments:

  1. CRAP!!! I totally forgot that Ry was supposed to give the scripture this last Sunday too. I wasn't feeling too good and we all stayed home. Oh well I guarantee she would have chickened out once she got up there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know Rob is learning Primary songs - however, I guess I'm assuming that it a primary song and not just a children's song. Anyway, I was singing "I love to see the Temple" to Bella while you were with the boys fishing out the plastic bag, and when it was over she asked me to sing it again. It was SO sweet the way she asked. So sincere. I just love her!

    ReplyDelete